This was the day I finally realized that the sun rises at 4:30am here. That helps explain why, after 5 days, I’m still waking up at 4:45 every day. I thought it was just jet lag, and I couldn’t figure out why I wasn’t getting over it yet.
Here are some of the exciting things we did that Thursday, our 5th full day in Tokyo:
- Today we left our lovely Urban Oasis, so we spent the morning packing up, and then sat on the beautiful deck for a while and blogged, checked email, enjoyed the fresh morning air and peaceful morning sounds. Then we went downstairs and chatted with our host Gee before heading out. I was kind of sad to leave this lovely place.
- In the time in between checking out of one place and into the other, I had a hair appointment. I’ve written about that in detail in a post called “Purple Hair” (which should give you some idea about the outcome of that appointment, even if you don’t read it).
- While I was there, Jason went to go check into our new place, Caravan Tokyo. It was pretty close by in an area called Commune 246, which is kind of like a Portland food truck pod. Then he came back to meet me and we went back there together. Pretty interesting place! I had some tasty food. I think it was Vietnamese. I can’t remember – we’ve had so much delicious food on this trip!
- We went to Roppongi Hills to see Deadpool in 4D. This is where you sit in a chair that’s kind of like an amusement park ride, and it shakes you and pokes you and shoots puffs or air and mist and scent a you at various times, corresponding in some way with what’s happening in the movie. It was interesting, but I don’t think it added that much to the movie. I did enjoy seeing Deadpool again, though.
- On the way home we ate ramen in a tiny, utilitarian place, and then we went home to sleep in a tiny Japanese Airstream-like vehicle.
Walking tally: Fitbit says I only walked 16k steps today, which is just under 7 miles. That’s a total of almost 53 miles of walking for the trip so far.